It’s the beginning of the school term.
Loads of school council elections are taking place across the country, but many of them aren’t organised as well as they could be.
Often this is perfectly understandable; running the election is sometimes thrust upon an unsuspecting teacher, so here’s a complication of the resources we’ve got to help you out!
1. A set of 15 minute short tutor time activities to help plan a school council election:
2. Practical steps on running a school council election, setting it up and questions about if you REALLY need to have one:
3. Our school council reps toolkit might help students understand what’s involved as a school councillor (sometimes if they’re not sure what’s involved, they won’t put themselves forward).
4. It’s important to have a think about what type of school council model (and therefore election) you need to have:
5. Once you’ve got your reps, then use this ‘getting to know your reps’ game:
6. Try and avoid this!
And remember, you can always email us if you want some help or advice. Or feel free to suggest a new election resource for us to write.