Summary: We provide a range of CPD options for teachers and educators to develop their knowledge, and ability to support, active student voice.
More info: These can be in-school twilight sessions which aim to give staff and governors a clear understanding of the benefits of student voice and smart school councils, and their rationale, structures and techniques. We also run training courses which get teachers together to help to make their school councils smart. One issue that we are often asked to help with is maintaining effective class councils across the school.
Upcoming courses: We’ve got a Smart School Council Masterclass courses in London on the 19th and 21st of November 2013. These are one-day CPD course for primary and secondary school council coordinators. You can find more details here.
Twilight sessions: We offer training that can be delivered to a whole staff team or to a particular relevant group (e.g. Heads of Year/House, NQTs, Governing Body, etc.)
Staff and governors will leave these sessions knowing:
- The benefits of student voice
- The possibilities of student voice
- The regulatory framework around student voice
- The importance of seeing student voice as a whole school issue/responsibility
- Techniques for spreading student voice throughout the school
Themes: Twilight sessions can focus on one of the following areas:
- Creating a whole-school participation policy
- Student voice possibilities
- Running effective class councils
- Governor training: hearing the real student voice
Length: 1 – 2 hours
Who’s it for: Primary or secondary schools.
Cost: A twilight session costs £200 (+VAT and expenses)
To find our more or to book:
020 3411 3294