With the EU such a hot topic, don’t forget to take this great chance to update on resources and teaching ideas at your choice of 10 free one-day CPD conferences from the European Parliament UK Office.
These politically neutral events are organised by Active Citizens FE, working in collaboration with The Association for Citizenship Teaching (ACT).
Who should attend?
For staff in schools and colleges in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland – and focusing on all stages in the 11-18 age range.
What are the conferences about?
As the European Union (EU) and UK membership are such topical matters of debate in 2016, this is a great chance to provide participants with a critical understanding of the issues and practical ideas for teaching the EU with confidence, with opportunities to:
- Get new resources and ideas for teaching the EU in active ways
- Discover approaches to help students understand arguments about UK membership of the EU in a balanced way
- Hear expert inputs from European Parliament and (UK) Parliament’s Education Service staff on the role of the European Parliament and links with the UK Parliament and devolved administrations
- Meet MEPs and discuss their role
- Work with specialised citizenship teacher trainers
- Share experiences and good practice with fellow professionals
Choose from the following dates and locations.
- 22 April – London
- 29 April – Birmingham
- 06 May – Leeds
- 20 May – Cambridge
- 08 July – Cardiff
- 30 September – Belfast
- 14 October – Bristol
- 11 November – Edinburgh
- 25 November – London
- 02 December – Leicester
Conferences will run from 9.30 – 3.45 in city centre locations.
There is no fee charged for the conferences and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
[button link=”http://www.activecitizensfe.org.uk/teaching-the-eu-booking-form.html” size=”large” text_size=”beta”]Book now >>>[/button]